IPL 2024 cricket betting tips and daily match predictions are placed here. The 17th edition of the Indian Premier League will be held in March-May 2024 and like was the case last season too, 10 teams will participate in the competition. Latest IPL tips, strategies, predictions and odds will be updated below before the start and during the tournament.
Match by Match Today’s IPL 2024 Predictions & Results
Match 1: TBA Predictions Tips
Pre-Tournament IPL Title Odds for This Season
Five-time winners and defending champions Chennai Super Kings (11/2 to win the title) will kick-start the 2024 edition of the Indian Premier League as the favourites as MS Dhoni winds down his career as the leader of this great IPL side.
We are still in very early pre-tournament days but there’s no doubting Chennai’s prowess both, from a historical point of view and after diving deep into their squad following the IPL Auction for the 2024 edition.
This is not to say that Mumbai Indians (6/1 to win IPL 2024) won’t be lurking around the corner like they always have, having also won it five times but there’s a catch. The Mumbai side, who are slightly a second favourite at the time of writing, will have a new captain after seasons of having Rohit Sharma at the helm.
The decision to bring in Hardik Pandya as the skipper has evoked different reactions from different people but the overwhelming one is that of a big surprise given Rohit’s service and loyalty to the Mumbai Indians team.
At the third spot in the favourites list is Gujarat Titans (13/2 to win the tournament), who enter their third season in the IPL. Their performances in the first two years? A title win in 2022 and a runner-up spot in 2023.
Their only concern will be the loss of their inspiring captain in the form of Pandya to Mumbai.
With Hardik Pandya no longer a part of their campaign, the onus will fall on the shoulders of Shubman Gill, who was also their best batter – and the best batter of the tournament – in the 2023 edition.
Will the youngster manage this limelight-pushing job as he tries to lead both, the batting and the team stocks in their third time out in the middle?
If there’s one team that has regularly underachieved in the IPL, it’s Royal Challengers Bangalore (17/2 to grab the title). They have had a plethora of riches in their batting department with Virat Kohli and the now-retired AB de Villiers being two of the best and yet, they have reached the final just three times, winning no titles so far.
The last time Bangalore made the title decider was in 2016 and while they have started to show some resolve in more recent editions, they will need a turnaround of the highest order to clinch this season’s title.
Other title winner odds for the IPL 2024 are as follows:
- Rajasthan Royals, Lucknow Super Giants: 9/1
- Delhi Capital: 10/1
- Punjab Kings, Kolkata Knight Riders, Sunrisers Hyderabad: 14/1
Other Pre-Tournament IPL Betting Odds 2024
Name the Finalists
To Reach the Final
To Finish Bottom
Other IPL 2024 Betting Odds
Top Tournament Batsman
Top Tournament Wicket-Taker
IPL Betting Strategies
While luck plays a definite role in sports betting in general and cricket betting in particular, it always pays off in the long run if one is fully prepared with the knowledge of the sport and the tournament in question. The same is the case with IPL betting.
Here’s our checklist that could help you improve your chances of grabbing a favourable outcome while betting on the Indian Premier League.
- Research team strengths and weaknesses, player form, and overall team performance. There have been a plethora of changes made to the squads and even leadership positions like Shubman Gill leading Gujarat Titans and Hardik Pandya expected to captain Mumbai Indians.
- Consider team dynamics, leadership, and how well the players adapt to different conditions.
Player Form and Performance
- Stay updated on the form of key players. Analyze their recent performances in domestic and international cricket. While Shubman Gill was the best IPL batter last season by some distance, he will enter this year’s edition with a slightly lesser form and confidence under his belt.
- Consider player statistics in specific conditions, such as batting averages and bowling figures.
Pitch and Ground Conditions
- Different pitches behave differently. Some favour batsmen, while others assist bowlers. Consider the pitch and ground conditions when making predictions.
- Understand the impact of dew, especially in night matches.
- Weather can have a significant impact on the outcome of a match. Rain interruptions or overcast conditions may favour certain teams or players.
- Check head-to-head records between the teams playing. Some teams may have a historical advantage over others.
Team News and Injuries
- Keep an eye on team news and player injuries. A key player missing from a lineup can significantly affect a team’s performance.
Toss and Team Composition
- The toss can be crucial, especially in T20 matches. The team winning the toss may have an advantage in deciding whether to bat or bowl first. More so in a tournament in which the teams can be named after the toss as is the case in Indian Premier League.
- Analyze team composition, including the playing XI selected for a particular match.
- Watch the match live and consider in-play betting. Live betting allows you to adjust your strategy based on the unfolding game situation. Many of the bookmakers allow their users to watch the live stream of the IPL games while betting in-play.
Set a Budget and Stick to It
- Set a budget for your betting activities and stick to it. Don’t chase losses, and avoid making impulsive bets. Bankroll management is a huge tick and must be followed irrespective of the run you have had.
- Stay updated on cricket news, team changes, and any other relevant information that might impact the matches. Your best bet is to follow a website like ESPNCricinfo.com or Cricbuzz.com for the same.
- Also, look at the rule changes that happen before the start of the season. This year, for instance, an extra bouncer will be allowed each other and that could bring down the overall scores.
Explore Different Markets
- Instead of just betting on the match outcome, explore different betting markets such as top run-scorer, top wicket-taker, total runs in an over, etc.
Remember that no strategy can guarantee success in sports betting. It’s essential to gamble responsibly and be aware of the risks involved. Consider these strategies as guidelines and adapt them to your analysis and preferences.
IPL 2024 Betting Tips FAQ
Here’s a list of questions and queries that cricket fans looking for regular predictions that we have tried to answer.
Q. Which IPL matches will be covered during the season for their predictions & tips?
A. We endeavour to cover every single IPL 2024 match and will be updating the match tips and predictions a day or two before the start of the game.
Q. Which IPL betting markets will be covered on the website?
A. For pre-match betting, we will be looking at markets like match winners, top batsmen and top bowlers. We will also consider covering live prediction updates depending on the kind of response we get to it.
Q. When will the IPL predictions be published on the site?
A. We will look to put up the pre-match IPL tips anywhere between 24 to 48 hours before the start of any match. There could be additional tips added in the lead-up to the encounter.
Q. Which other tournament predictions are covered on this site?
A. We cover match-by-match predictions for a whole host of cricket tournaments from around the world. These include other T20 leagues like the PSL, BPL, SA20, BBL, Super Smash, T20 Blast, The Hundred and LPL along with international tournaments like the ICC Cricket World Cup, T20 World Cup, U19 World Cup and The Ashes.
Everything about the IPL 2024
Some of the biggest names that got selected through the auction included Mitchell Starc and Pat Cummins, who were paid a whopping sum of INR 24.75 crore and 20.5 crore respectively.
Information about how to buy the IPL tickets will also be released soon and can be accessed here. Multiple stadiums will be in use for the IPL 2024 and if you are looking to travel around to watch the tournament, you can do so by reading all about these IPL stadiums here.
The IPL 2024 broadcast deal will continue to attract scores of money and more information on how to watch the Indian Premier League this season can also be found here.
Previous IPL Winners
- 2023: Chennai Super Kings
- 2022: Gujarat Titans
- 2021: Chennai Super Kings
- 2020: Mumbai Indians
- 2019: Mumbai Indians
- 2018: Chennai Super Kings
- 2017: Mumbai Indians
- 2016: Sunrisers Hyderabad
- 2015: Mumbai Indians
- 2014: Kolkata Knight Riders
- 2013: Mumbai Indians
- 2012: Kolkata Knight Riders
- 2011: Chennai Super Kings
- 2010: Chennai Super Kings
- 2009: Deccan Chargers
- 2008: Rajasthan Royals
What Happened in the Previous IPL?
Chennai Super Kings strolled to their fifth title in the Indian Premier League by defeating the 2022 champions Gujarat Titans in the final.
After these two teams had finished at the top of the table with Gujarat ending with 20 points and Chennai with 17, they faced off again in the first Qualifier. Chennai batted first and piled up 172/7 in their 20 overs before bowling the Titans out for 157 in response to make it to the final.
The Titans featured in the second Qualifier as a result of that where they faced Mumbai Indians. Mumbai had earlier sent the Lucknow Super Giants out in a jiffy, bowling them out for 101 in reply to their 182/8 in their Eliminator.
But in the second Qualifier, Mumbai Indians proved to be no match for Gujarat. Shubman Gill sent the Mumbai Indians bowlers on a leather hunt with a 60-ball 129 before Mohit Sharma’s five-fer blew the opposition out for 171 in response.
The final saw Gujarat pile on another 200-plus total – this time it was Sai Sudarshan who made 96 to help his side score 214/4 – but on a flat Narendra Modi Stadium pitch, this proved to be under-par.
Rain proved to be a factor as Chennai Super Kings got to 171/5 in their 15 overs in response, leaving them victors by five wickets because of the DLS Method.
Earlier, Rajasthan Royals and Royal Challengers Bangalore finished fifth and sixth with 14 points apiece on the points table. Kolkata Knight Riders and Punjab Kings ended on 12 points at the seventh and eighth spots respectively while Delhi Capitals (10) and Sunrisers Hyderabad (8) were the bottom two teams.
Best Batters in the IPL 2023 (Runs Scored):
- Shubman Gill: 890
- Faf du Plessis: 730
- Devon Conway: 672
- Virat Kohli: 639
- Yashasvi Jaiswal: 625
Best Bowlers in the IPL 2023 (Wickets Taken):
- Mohammad Shami: 28
- Mohit Sharma: 27
- Rashid Khan: 27
- Piyush Chawla: 22
- Yuzvendra Chahal: 21
Get more information on the latest edition of the IPL here.